See Course Blackboard Site

See IED Blackboard https://blackboard.american.edu Also see the IED web portal for more details: www.iedonline.net

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ashoka Internships

Fall 2011 Internships at Ashoka
Now accepting applications for internships in the Fall of 2011!

http://www.ashoka.org
The Ashoka Emerging Leaders Program attracts budding social entrepreneurs of the highest caliber and potential. Ashoka develops participants' talent and affords him or her substantive work, marketable skills, and a community that lasts a lifetime. We are currently recruiting 20-30 highly entrepreneurial individuals with strong commitment to social change to join Ashoka's Fall 2011 Emerging Leaders cohort.

The program timeline extends from mid September 2011 through December 2011and positions are unpaid. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with preference given to applications received before July 15.
Current Opportunities

Opportunity details can be found here. Note that that this list is NOT exhaustive - be sure your application reflects what you are interested in so we can faciliatate the best possible placement!
How to Apply

Check out the links above for lists of openings. Then fill out an application here.
What Ashoka interns say

“I think Ashoka’s Internship program is truly unique. During my time here, I have been given a significant amount of responsibility and the opportunity to do interesting and challenging work. Never once have I felt like my role in the office was to do the menial tasks often assigned to interns. And of course, the surprisingly frequent opportunities to interact with Fellows has been a huge bonus. I came away from my internship experience with a real understanding of the multi-layered work that Ashoka does, as well as a true sense of how social entrepreneurship has made a huge impact on our world.”< /em>
-Shilpi Agarwal, recent graduate (Venture/ Measuring Effectiveness)

“My internship at Ashoka blew [my] expectations out of the water… I was given so much trust and responsibility right off the bat; passwords to all the important data bases, calling and contacting country representatives, assisting to market our Innovation Competitions, and upgrading various web pages. I felt so honored and respected as a result.”< /em>
-Shelley Stendig, undergraduate (Changemakers.net)

No comments: